Controversial Tech shirt gone before it gets going - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Controversial Tech shirt gone before it gets going

Production of a controversial t-shirt in Lubbock has been halted before it ever really began.

Campus Design owner Alan Berger says he was approached by fans.  "After the OSU game I was getting phone calls and emails explaining their displeasure.  Same thing on Facebook," Berger says.

Just in case you live under a rock and you haven't heard yet, Tech got blasted by OSU on Saturday by a final score of 66 to 6.

"Tongue and cheek I said, 'Let's bring back Leach.'"

Berger explains, "I was thinking these people don't mean this.  They're mad they don't know how to express their frustration."

So, to prove his point he created a logo of a pirate skeleton with the caption "Bring Back Our Captain For 2012."

Berger says he got five orders for the shirt.

And yes he says it proved his point but it also brought him a negative backlash.

"I'm reading emails," Berger says.  He quotes one as saying, "You're sickening me."

"With all these negative comments, I have pulled it off Facebook and pulled it off the web.  It ain't gonna happen."

So if it had been popular, would Berger have gone forward?  "That's a great question," Berger says.

"If 500 people wanted it, I probably would allow them to purchase it. But it would not have been my sentiment."

Berger goes on to say, "I am a fan of the university.  I'm a graduate.  This division of people wanting to get rid of Tuberville and bring back Leach is not good. People don't mean it.

He also says, "I think we all should be fans of Tech and support those who support the university."

Copyright 2011 KCBD NewsChannel 11.  All rights reserved.

AC/DC co-founder, guitarist Malcolm Young dies

Saturday, November 18 2017 10:26 AM EST2017-11-18 15:26:08 GMT
    Saturday, November 18 2017 10:49 AM EST2017-11-18 15:49:12 GMT

Young co-founded the rock back with his brother in 1973. He stopped performing with AC/DC in 2014 after being diagnosed with dementia.

Trump campaign created own rules on sexual harassment

Saturday, November 18 2017 3:09 AM EST2017-11-18 08:09:31 GMT
    Saturday, November 18 2017 10:51 AM EST2017-11-18 15:51:46 GMT

While allegations of sexual harassment topple the careers of some men, Trump moves ahead unscathed as he writes his own rules.

Trump delays new policy on importing elephant parts

Friday, November 17 2017 2:02 PM EST2017-11-17 19:02:57 GMT
    Saturday, November 18 2017 10:51 AM EST2017-11-18 15:51:35 GMT

The top Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee says the Trump administration's decision to allow the importation of body parts from African elephants shot for sport is the "wrong move at the wrong time.".