Lubbock firefighters were called the 2300 block of 2nd Place Sunday evening just after 5:30 for the report of a house fire.
There were some tense moments when neighbors indicated that the resident of the home was unaccounted for. However, once the fire was out, it was determined that no one was home, and there were no reports of injuries.
The Fire Marshal's office was called out to investigate, and found that the cause may have been an overloaded extension cord. The home is described as a total loss.
Copyright 2011 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved.