Six people treated for carbon monoxide poisoning - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Six people treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

Six people had to go the hospital Sunday from Ransom Canyon after their house tested positive for high levels of deadly carbon monoxide poison.

Two of the victims were in serious condition yesterday, but county officials say they're recovering.

The culprit might have been holiday decorations placed too close to the heater's intake vent.

Lubbock County Emergency Management Coordinator Clinton Theftford says the best protection against carbon monoxide is a detector.

You can get them at any department store and they will warn you of the deadly gas -- which you cannot see or smell.

Copyright 2012 KCBD NewsChannel 11

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.