House fire caused by unattended stove - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

House fire caused by unattended stove

Posted: Updated:
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

Fire officials say an unattended stove caused a house fire in the 4900 block of 41st Street Monday, leaving one man temporarily homeless.

The house fire broke out around 6:45 Monday evening.

The kitchen is completely destroyed. The rest of the house suffered serious smoke damage.

Officials haven't said if the home will be a complete loss, but the homeowner will have to stay somewhere else for the next few days.

Copyright 2012 KCBD NewsChannel 11

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.