A Lynn County family was left with nothing Tuesday morning when their home caught fire. A neighbor reported the fire around 8:30 am.
The New Home Volunteer Fire Department was the first on the scene, but flames were too fierce. Wilson, Woodrow and Tahoka fire fighters came soon after, but unfortunately the house was completely destroyed.
The homeowners, Debbie and Terry Adams were not home at the time of the fire. They arrived later in the day to find nothing but smoke and ash. They told us they were just thankful to be alive. Brandi Adams, their daughter-in-law said her in-laws are in shock.
"Later it will probably really set in, ya know to think about everything that was in it and all the years that they've put into everything they have is gone."
The Lynn County Sheriff's Office told us faulty wiring in the kitchen was most likely to blame and that they did not suspect foul play.
It took a lot of resources for the various volunteer fire departments to contain the flames. Therefore they stressed the importance of donating to local volunteer departments.
Adams told us that Debbie and Terry will be staying with family for the time being, but there is a fund set up to help get them back on their feet at the AIM Bank on 64th and Frankfurt. If you have any physical donations you can bring them to the Monterey Church of Christ.
Copyright 2012 KCBD NewsChannel 11