Our full tag line is a family tradition that is easy for parents and fun for kids. Our father was the Orthodontic Consultant to the Surgeon General. Seeing his love for the profession of orthodontics and the positive influence orthodontics had on our friends in school was a major reason all three of his children chose orthodontics as a profession. As a child of an Army Orthodontist, we lived in many locations. Many things changed, but the family was always there. My mom put my dad through school by working at a donut shop when I was 4 (I still love donuts to this day!). My parents made many sacrifices for their children. Today my brother Todd practices orthodontics in Alaska and I have the privilege of practicing with my sister, Holly.
I just want to take this opportunity to honor and thank my parents for all they have done to help me so that I might have the privilege to practice what I love.
Family members: Wife Lisa, sons Garrett, Parker & Tucker, and daughter Breklyn.
Leisure activities: After work activities usually involve running, playing basketball or baseball, snow skiing or hunting and fishing with the children.
- B.S. degree, Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois.
- DDS degree, Indiana University in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Orthodontic residency, LSU School of Dentistry in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Dentist of the year SPDDS
- Outstanding student award in the field of orthodontics
- Outstanding student award in the field of radiology
- OKU Dental honor society award for top scholastic achiever
- ADA Award for staff recognition
- Voted Best of the West Lubbock, Texas
- Voted Best of Lubbock
- President, Texas Association of Orthodontists
- Past Director, Southwest Society of Orthodontics
- Past President, South Plains District Dental Society
- Past President, LSU Orthodontic Alumni Association
- Fellow, International College of Dentists
- Texas Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Member, Seattle Study Club
- Member, Schulman Study Group
Are you an Invisalign Certified provider? Yes
Have been practicing in Lubbock since 1985.
Special interest in treating children yet 30% of his practice are adults.
Has lectured nationally on the new self-ligating braces.
Return to Main Page ›
wentz orthodontics. Dr. Ed Wentz.
From http://wentzorthodontics.com/DrEdWentz.aspx web.