Lubbock man dies in Wednesday night house fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Lubbock man dies in Wednesday night house fire

Posted: Updated:
Lubbock Fire Investigator Robert Loveless Lubbock Fire Investigator Robert Loveless
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

A man died Wednesday night after he was pulled from a burned home in northeast Lubbock.

Investigators say Frutoso Perez Garcia, 87, was pronounced dead when he arrived at University Medical Center by AeroCare.

Lubbock Fire Investigator Robert Loveless says the fire sparked around 7 p.m. on north County Road 2820. He says a water heater in the back of the home ignited combustibles and clothing nearby.

Firefighters were able to save two pets in the home. Most of the damage was in the back.

Investigators say there were no working smoke detectors, and officials believe Garcia could have died from smoke inhalation.

Copyright 2012 KCBD NewsChannel 11

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.