Provided by Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host the 4th Annual Update in General Medicine conference March 30 and 31at the TTUHSC Academic Classroom Building 3601 Fourth St.
The goal of the conference is to provide health care professionals involved in primary care with knowledge in current, contemporary and common issues relevant to internal medicine and general practice. The conference is sponsored by the TTUHSC Department of Internal Medicine.
Presentations and speakers include:
• "Common Skin Diseases for Primary Care," Jennifer Smith, M.D.
• "Weight Loss and Exercise: Practical Information for Primary Care Providers," Michael Phy, D.O.
• "Ethical Considerations in Electronic Medical Records," Jonathan Vordermark, M.D.
• "Approach to Headaches," Hua Chen, M.D.
• "Detection and Initial Management of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome," Jennifer Phy, D.O.
• "Restless Leg Syndrome," Dolores Buscemi, M.D.
• "Is Sleep Overrated: Maybe Not," Rebecca McDonald, M.D.
• "Oncologic Emergencies and Chemotherapy Toxicities," Everardo Cobos, M.D.
• "The Thyroid Nodule," Neha Mittal, M.D.
• "Update in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease," Kenneth Nugent, M.D.
• "Medical Economics: The Coming Failure of Medicare," Gilbert Berdine, M.D.
• "Approach to Chronic Diarrhea," Zachary Mulkey, M.D.
• "Introduction to Insulin Pump Therapy," Shannon Yarbrough, M.D.
For more information, call Myra Jones at (806) 743-2929 or visit www.ttuhsc.edu/cme.