Family displaced after house fire in Lorenzo - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Family displaced after house fire in Lorenzo

Posted: Updated:
LORENZO, TX (KCBD) -

A Lorenzo family has been displaced following a fire at their home over the weekend.

Fire officials say the fire broke out around 4:30 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Pierce Street.

The home owner, Mary Cisneros, along with her grandson were not home at the time, but unfortunately, their dog died in the fire.

Investigators say the fire was sparked after a nearby neighbor was burning his grass. They say the fire caught his car port on fire and the flames soon spread to Cisneros' home.

A fund has been set up for the family. You can donate at any peoples bank location under "Mary Cisneros."

Her neighbor will be issued a citation for violating the burn ban.

Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.