We begin at the Lone Star Oyster Bar in the depot district.
Health inspectors found 11 critical violations inside their location at 609 18th St.
First - the bar area:
* Live maggots were found inside the soda gun holder. This is where the soda nozzle is stored.
* The inspector noted that the soda nozzles themselves were also dirty. A dead moth, hair and dust were found inside the coffee pot.
* There was no soap at the hand sink.
* There was paper towels at the hand sink.
Next - we head into the kitchen:
* Inspectors noted the risk for cross contamination. Raw shrimp was stored in standing water in the walk-in cooler. Bread was on top of eggs. Ground beef was stored over raw fish.
* Chicken wings did not have an expiration date.
* Employees were putting on gloves without first washing their hands. There was also no hot water at a hand sink.
* There was no hot water in the ladies' restroom.
* The thermometer in a reach-in cooler was broken and very dirty.
* A drink pitcher was broken.
* The inspector noted that the establishment must have proof of a certified food manager. The inspector says the restaurant did not demonstrate food safety knowledge during the inspection.
Management tells us, "Everything has been corrected." She says the soda gun holder where the maggots were found was not in use.
She also adds, they were in the process of changing management at the time and were allowed to stay open while correcting all the violations.
The majority of the violations were corrected while the inspector was there.
They have since passed their re-inspection.
Now to this week's good news.
We have a double dose of perfection with two repeat top performers.
Sink your teeth into homemade cinnamon rolls or feast on freshly made soups at Apple Tree Cafe & Bakery at 3501 50th. This hidden treasure once again whips up a perfect score.
And finally, we make a fast stop at America's favorite drive-in.
Sonic at 1901 34th Street serves up a perfect score.
For a complete list of this week's reports click here.
Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.