If you're craving the spicy flare of Mexican food, we've got some great choices this week.
While their name offers one menu items; they're cooking up a whole lot more. Rey del Taco at 1601 50th cooks up a perfect score.
Just like one of their huge burritos, Chipotle Mexican Grill at 8201 Quaker wraps up a flawless inspection.
What Ruby says goes, and she means freshness. And that's what inspectors found at Ruby Tequila's at 8601 University. They sizzle with perfection.
Our last stop is a fast one. The golden arches are lovin' this. McDonald's at 4215 S. Loop 289 super sized their inspection with perfection.
Now to this week's low performers.
Bubba J's inside the Flea Market at 2323 Ave. K had 8 critical violations.
* Employees did not wash their hands before putting on gloves.
* A dirty towel was in a hand wash sink.
* Deli meat did not have an expiration date.
* The inspector saw roaches in the facility.
* Toxic items were stored above clean pots and pans.
* The thermometer in the reach-in cooler was not working.
* A can opener was dirty.
* According to the report, the manager did not demonstrate knowledge of food safety handling.
The report shows all but one violation were corrected during the inspection.
And finally we head to Parkway Gas n Go at 2902 Parkway 9 critical violations.
* Salsa as warm as 78 degrees was thrown out. That's nearly double the safe temperature of cold foods.
* It also had no expiration date.
* Chicken fajita burritos were not at least 135 degrees.
* An employee was eating in the kitchen area.
* Eggs were stored above cheese in a cooler.
* Access to a hand sink was blocked.
* There was no soap in the employee restroom or at the hand sink in the ice machine area.
* Multiple food contact surfaces were dirty or broken.
* And finally, the inspector noted that the manager did not demonstrate proper food safety knowledge.
Management tells us - everything has been corrected.
To view the full report click here.
Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.