Weekend house fire was accidental, FMO says - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Weekend house fire was accidental, FMO says

Posted: Updated:
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

The Lubbock Fire Marshal's office on Monday announced the cause of a weekend house fire as being accidental and related to the home's electric wiring. The fire started in a bedroom.

Firefighters were called out Saturday just before 5 PM to a home in the 2500 block of 54th Street. A neighbor had seen smoke coming from the chimney, and knowing that no one was home, called 9-1-1. There were no reports of injuries, and there was an estimated $25,000 damage.

Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.