Consider This...Your thoughts on LP&L - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Consider This...Your thoughts on LP&L

Last week I said Lubbock Mayor Glen Robertson's plan to examine LP&L rates after the summer makes more sense than raising rates now. I added LP&L should be giving all profits back to the rate payers. Plain and simple.

Well, the feedback I received was loud and clear. Here's what some of you had to say:

Julie writes: "I don't know what they're doing over there but something is wrong! My electric bill in the summer has never been more than $180.00. I have lived in the same apartment for two years and I haven't changed anything. I got my bill this month and it was $333.00. I had them come out and do a re-read and of course they said it was right! Ridiculous !

Joseph says: "LP&L rates are sky hi!!!! We can barely afford to eat much less have to pay a 400 dollar bill. Rates need to be lowered soon please!!!!

Brandy commented on Facebook saying: "I don't see how with all the extra fees they charge like $30 to make arrangements on your bill. They need to learn how to manage their money. Getting fed up paying all this money! My bill is $477 i can't afford to pay anymore."

Finally, Sandra's opinion: "I don't support a raise!! How many times are they going to go up?? We are stuck since they are the only one in Lubbock!

Consider this:

I will remind folks that LP&L doesn't set the fees and rates on your bill. City hall politicians do. And it's the slow and steady creeping of the fees, not the electricity rate, that has given us what we've got. Angry customers.

Remember, we might not have a choice for electric providers anymore, but we sure do have a choice in the people controling the bill. Let's hope they do the right thing.

We want to know what you think. Voice your opinion by commenting below, by e-mailing us at considerthis@kcbd.com or by writing us at:

KCBD-TV Attn: Consider This
5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX 79404

'Consider This' is a commentary by KCBD Vice-President and General Manager Dan Jackson.

Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.

CBS News and PBS cut ties to Rose following sex allegations

Tuesday, November 21 2017 3:01 AM EST2017-11-21 08:01:12 GMT
    Wednesday, November 22 2017 12:52 AM EST2017-11-22 05:52:54 GMT

CBS News has fired Charlie Rose after several women accused the veteran newsman of sexual misconduct.

FCC chairman sets out to scrap open internet access rules

Tuesday, November 21 2017 12:11 PM EST2017-11-21 17:11:32 GMT
    Wednesday, November 22 2017 12:52 AM EST2017-11-22 05:52:49 GMT

Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai is following through on his pledge to repeal 2015 regulations designed to ensure that internet service providers treat all online content and apps equally.

FBI: Border agent's death a 'potential assault '

Tuesday, November 21 2017 7:51 AM EST2017-11-21 12:51:23 GMT
    Wednesday, November 22 2017 12:48 AM EST2017-11-22 05:48:13 GMT

A U.S. official says investigators believe a border patrol agent who died in Texas after suffering extensive injuries to his head and body may have fallen down a 14-foot culvert.