Consider This...Your thoughts on LP&L - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Consider This...Your thoughts on LP&L

Last week I said Lubbock Mayor Glen Robertson's plan to examine LP&L rates after the summer makes more sense than raising rates now. I added LP&L should be giving all profits back to the rate payers. Plain and simple.

Well, the feedback I received was loud and clear. Here's what some of you had to say:

Julie writes: "I don't know what they're doing over there but something is wrong! My electric bill in the summer has never been more than $180.00. I have lived in the same apartment for two years and I haven't changed anything. I got my bill this month and it was $333.00. I had them come out and do a re-read and of course they said it was right! Ridiculous !

Joseph says: "LP&L rates are sky hi!!!! We can barely afford to eat much less have to pay a 400 dollar bill. Rates need to be lowered soon please!!!!

Brandy commented on Facebook saying: "I don't see how with all the extra fees they charge like $30 to make arrangements on your bill. They need to learn how to manage their money. Getting fed up paying all this money! My bill is $477 i can't afford to pay anymore."

Finally, Sandra's opinion: "I don't support a raise!! How many times are they going to go up?? We are stuck since they are the only one in Lubbock!

Consider this:

I will remind folks that LP&L doesn't set the fees and rates on your bill. City hall politicians do. And it's the slow and steady creeping of the fees, not the electricity rate, that has given us what we've got. Angry customers.

Remember, we might not have a choice for electric providers anymore, but we sure do have a choice in the people controling the bill. Let's hope they do the right thing.

We want to know what you think. Voice your opinion by commenting below, by e-mailing us at considerthis@kcbd.com or by writing us at:

KCBD-TV Attn: Consider This
5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX 79404

'Consider This' is a commentary by KCBD Vice-President and General Manager Dan Jackson.

Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Reporter says he was 'body slammed' by Congressional candidate

Wednesday, May 24 2017 9:21 PM EDT2017-05-25 01:21:06 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 9:21 PM EDT2017-05-25 01:21:06 GMT
    Gianforte is running for the seat vacant when Ryan Zinke became head of the Department of the Interior. (Source: AP/Bobby Caina Calvan)Gianforte is running for the seat vacant when Ryan Zinke became head of the Department of the Interior. (Source: AP/Bobby Caina Calvan)

A reporter for The Guardian says he was body slammed by a candidate for Congress.

From fame to shame: Playmate to do time scrubbing graffiti

Wednesday, May 24 2017 9:07 PM EDT2017-05-25 01:07:22 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 9:07 PM EDT2017-05-25 01:07:22 GMT

A Playboy centerfold who snapped a photo of a naked 71-year-old woman in a gym locker room and posted it on social media with insults about the woman's body is expected to appear in court to resolve a criminal charge in Los Angeles.

Trump budget faces Dem opposition, GOP doubts about math

Wednesday, May 24 2017 9:07 PM EDT2017-05-25 01:07:00 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 9:07 PM EDT2017-05-25 01:07:00 GMT

Trump on Tuesday released a 10-year budget plan containing jarring, politically unrealistic cuts to the social safety net and a broad swath of domestic programs.