Lubbock house burns late Saturday morning - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Lubbock house burns late Saturday morning

Posted: Updated:
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

A Lubbock family lost their home Saturday in a house fire in the 4600 block of 11th Street.

The Lubbock Fire Department says this fire was concealed for some time beneath a rain roof that had been installed over the original roof years ago. 

Both residents were home at the time of the fire and escaped without harm. 

There were no injuries, although two firefighters were transferred to University Medical Center for observation. 

Lubbock fire officials say this fire was unintentionally set by an unattended outdoor grill. "An additional factor was the grills' proximity to the house and [it] was positioned partially beneath a patio," the Fire Department said.

Because the fire produced heavy smoke, neighbors were asked to stay inside with their doors and windows closed.

Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.