Provided by City of Lubbock
The City is pleased to announce that with the completion of the Lake Alan Henry Water Supply Project, Stage 2 drought restrictions will be downgraded to Stage 1 drought restrictions beginning August 20, 2012. Restrictions associated with Stage 1 include:
• Watering only between Midnight - 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. - Midnight on the scheduled days between April 1st & September 30th.
• Landscape irrigation allowed 2 assigned days per week
• Irrigation must be limited to 1 1/2 inches of water per zone
• Irrigation must be without significant runoff
• City operations and wholesale customers must adhere to restrictions
• Soaker hoses, drip irrigation, and hand watering is allowed at any time
• The days that irrigation can occur will continue to be based on the last digit of the house or business address:
Monday and Thursday - 3, 4, 9, 0
Tuesday and Friday - 1, 5, 6
Wednesday and Saturday - 2, 7, 8
Although, Lake Alan Henry now provides the City with an additional source of water, it does not totally replace the Lake Meredith water supply. In addition, the national weather forecasts predict that the drought will linger through the rest of this summer.
The City of Lubbock asks that all residents and businesses continue to be considerate and efficient with their water usage in an effort to conserve water and reduce overall demand.