Fire crews evacuate LISD field house - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Fire crews evacuate LISD field house

Posted: Updated:

Monday morning just before 10:30 a.m., fire crews were dispatched to a possible structure fire at Chapman Field, a Lubbock High School practice facility for football, basketball, and baseball at 2302 Avenue W.

Crews discovered a clothes dryer fire in the field house. The field house was evacuated, and there were no injuries.

According to a statement issued by LISD, Lubbock High School coaching staff responded with fire extinguishers and called the Lubbock Fire Department as a precautionary measure. No students were present at the facility and no structural damage was sustained. All scheduled practices and activities at Chapman will proceed normally.  

Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.