Monday morning just before 10:30 a.m., fire crews were dispatched to a possible structure fire at Chapman Field, a Lubbock High School practice facility for football, basketball, and baseball at 2302 Avenue W.
Crews discovered a clothes dryer fire in the field house. The field house was evacuated, and there were no injuries.
According to a statement issued by LISD, Lubbock High School coaching staff responded with fire extinguishers and called the Lubbock Fire Department as a precautionary measure. No students were present at the facility and no structural damage was sustained. All scheduled practices and activities at Chapman will proceed normally.
Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.