On Tuesday around 4:30p.m. a fire broke out in a home in north west Lubbock leaving eight people without a place to stay.
Two sisters and their six children live in the home at 5538 1st Place. Family members say a play room inside the home had electrical wiring problems, and when one of the sisters flipped a breaker it started a fire in that room.
One of the children who went into the play room to play video games saw the fire and 911 was called.
While there is no damage to the outside of the home, the extensive smoke inside has displaced the family of eight. Red Cross is putting the family in two hotel rooms for several days and will help with other necessities.
Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.