Our first low performer is use to being on top, but they're not letting this inspection get in the way of providing great food.
Orlando's at 2402 Ave. Q had nine critical violations.
* Cold items were not at the safe cold temperature.
* An employee in the kitchen area had a toothpick in their mouth.
* An employee did not wash their hands before putting on gloves.
* An employee making salads was not wearing gloves.
* A prepared pizza was placed on a rack in the freezer.
* Dirty dishes were in the microwave.
* Toxic items were next to to-go cups.
* The report shows the dish washer was not properly sanitizing.
* The inspector noted that because of the violations the manager didn't show proper food safety.
Management says all violations have been corrected. The report shows that as well.
Next we head to Bless Your Heart at 3701 19th.
They also had nine critical violations.
* Sour cream was not 41 degrees or below.
* A hand sink had debris and trash inside.
* There were no paper towels at a hand sink.
* Cross contamination was found in multiple areas - including grease dripping from the vent hood onto the grill.
* Flies and gnats were in the kitchen and counter area.
* Dirty pans were stored under a prep table, the reach-in cooler and the inside of the ice machine were dirty.
* Toxic items were not labeled.
* There was no thermometer inside a reach-in cooler.
* The report states, because of the nature of the violations the manager did not show knowledge of proper food safety handling.
We spoke with the manger at Bless Your Heart. He tells us, everything has been corrected. The report shows many of the violations were corrected during the inspection.
And our last stop is Alfredo's Mexican Food at 313 University.
They had 10 critical violations.
* Several cold items were above 41 degrees.
* Employees were using the hand sink to rinse food containers.
* There was no hot water at a hand sink.
* There was no paper towel at a hand sink.
* Employees were not wearing gloves.
* An employee's drink was in the ice machine.
* Medications were stored inside a cooler
* Menudo and milk did not have an expiration date.
* Kitchen items were broken or dirty.
* Because of the number of violations - the inspector cited the manger for not showing proper food safety handling knowledge.
Management tells us all violations were corrected. The report shows all but two were corrected while the inspector was there.
Now to this week's top performers:
* Crafthouse LLC at 3131 34th
* Fortune Cookie Restaurant at 7006 University Ave
* Kentucky Fried Chicken/LJS at 7601 82nd
* Quiznos at 7301 University
* Subway at 1301 50th
* Taco Bell at 6512 82nd
Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.