Fire Marshal: Starlight Apartments fire caused by hot plate - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Fire Marshal: Starlight Apartments fire caused by hot plate

Posted: Updated:
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

The Lubbock County Medical Examiner has confirmed the identity of the victim from last Saturday's fire at the Starlight Apartments as 59-year-old Lee Andrew Dial Jr.  Information on the cause and manor of death is still pending, according to Deputy Fire Marshal Robert Loveless.

Fire investigators have determined that the ignition source for this fire was an unattended cooking hot plate. Evidence at the scene indicates that this was an unintentional fire, and witness statements corroborate the evidence found at the fire scene, Loveless said.

Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.   

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.