Suspects drop off ATV crash victim at hospital - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

UPDATE

Suspects drop off ATV crash victim at hospital

(Source: Mike Harris, cbs5az.com) (Source: Mike Harris, cbs5az.com)
Peoria police said the hospital was able to provide still pictures from the surveillance video of the person who brought the victim into the ER. This person would be considered an investigative lead, according to Peoria PD. Peoria police said the hospital was able to provide still pictures from the surveillance video of the person who brought the victim into the ER. This person would be considered an investigative lead, according to Peoria PD.
(Source: Peoria Police Department) (Source: Peoria Police Department)
(Source: Peoria Police Department) (Source: Peoria Police Department)
PEORIA, AZ (CBS5) -

Police are investigating a crash near Lake Pleasant, where a man was hit on an ATV and then dropped off at the hospital by the people who hit him.

Authorities said the victim was on a quad when he was hit by a black Chevy S-10 extracab Baja truck between 4 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 23.

CBS 5 News spoke with the victim, Bobby Morris, who said he was lucky he didn't hit his head and was wearing a helmet.

He broke his pelvis in four places.

"The worst pain I've ever been in in my life ... it was horrible ... I can't even explain it," Morris said.

The people in the truck loaded up the quad and dropped Morris and his truck off at the hospital and then took off.

Morris said, "I overheard them saying 'When I hit the guy I was doing 50 [mph].'"

"There's a lot going through my head, like what should I have done different, you know, what should I have said to them or what ... it's just the pain is so bad that's all you're thinking about, and I mean you're shaking, you're going crazy, you know. It's like you're freezing and you know you're not warm, you're cold. I was cold and it's just nuts," Morris said.

Friends of the victim are working with police and plan to offer a reward to find the people who hit Morris.

Dell Foster, one of Morris' friends, said he couldn't believe it when he learned the people who hit his friend didn't call for help.

"To me this is something that is so black and white, right and wrong," Morris said. "I can't believe we even need to have a discussion, you know, but it obviously needs to be had with those people so that the next time something like this happens, people know the right thing to do. Get some professional people to help out there immediately."

Stay with cbs5az.com and CBS 5 News for updates on this developing story.

Copyright 2012 CBS 5 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

California university won't punish professor who jeered Bush

Tuesday, April 24 2018 10:27 PM EDT2018-04-25 02:27:20 GMT
    Wednesday, April 25 2018 1:02 AM EDT2018-04-25 05:02:22 GMT
    Jarrar doubled down on her position in later tweets and even boasted "I will never be fired." (Source: @RandaJarrar/Twitter) Jarrar doubled down on her position in later tweets and even boasted "I will never be fired." (Source: @RandaJarrar/Twitter)Jarrar doubled down on her position in later tweets and even boasted "I will never be fired." (Source: @RandaJarrar/Twitter) Jarrar doubled down on her position in later tweets and even boasted "I will never be fired." (Source: @RandaJarrar/Twitter)

A California State University, Fresno professor who called Barbara Bush "an amazing racist" and cheered her death won't be punished.

For the first time, Facebook spells out what it forbids

Tuesday, April 24 2018 5:46 AM EDT2018-04-24 09:46:09 GMT
    Wednesday, April 25 2018 12:54 AM EDT2018-04-25 04:54:02 GMT
    (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File). FILE - In this March 29, 2018, file photo, the logo for Facebook appears on screens at the Nasdaq MarketSite in New York's Times Square. For the first time, Facebook is making public, on Tuesday, April 24, its detailed gu...(AP Photo/Richard Drew, File). FILE - In this March 29, 2018, file photo, the logo for Facebook appears on screens at the Nasdaq MarketSite in New York's Times Square. For the first time, Facebook is making public, on Tuesday, April 24, its detailed gu...

For the first time, Facebook spells out how it decides whether to delete your posts.

Texas man sentenced to 50 years for $1.2M theft of fajitas

Monday, April 23 2018 2:18 PM EDT2018-04-23 18:18:31 GMT
    Wednesday, April 25 2018 12:41 AM EDT2018-04-25 04:41:38 GMT
    The Brownsville Herald reports Gilberto Escamilla told the court the fajita scheme spun out of control. (Source: gaudiikari/Wikicommons)The Brownsville Herald reports Gilberto Escamilla told the court the fajita scheme spun out of control. (Source: gaudiikari/Wikicommons)

A Texas man has been sentenced to 50 years in prison for stealing $1.2 million worth of fajitas over nine years.