Around 1:15 Monday morning, firefighters responded to the Elm Grove Mobile Home Park on the 2200 block of Research Blvd.
Neighbors had reported flames shooting from the roof of one of the homes. Firefighters arrived to find the building engulfed in flames and it took them about an hour to get it out.
Investigators say the fire started in the kitchen and say an electrical appliance could have sparked the flames, however, they have still not given an official cause. They also say the home had a history of electrical issues.
Three dogs died in the fire. No one else was home at the time.
Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved.