Provided by City of Lubbock
The City of Lubbock is preparing for possible wintry weather. Street crews are monitoring the weather and road conditions. Crews will begin salting operations if conditions warrant.
Here are some tips to remember if you're driving in snow and ice:
• Adjust your speed depending on the conditions and drive cautiously.
• Give yourself plenty of room to stop.
• Remember that overpasses and shady areas such as underpasses freeze first.
Make sure your home is prepared for the change in temperature. Water pipes are vulnerable to extreme weather changes. Here are a couple of tips for protecting your water pipes:
• Let your indoor faucets drip.
• Open cabinet doors below sinks to allow heat from your home to circulate.
• Know where your home's main water valve in case you need to turn off water to your home. The main water valve is usually located where the main waterline enters your house.