Health inspectors surprised more than 80 Lubbock restaurants this week to see if they are keeping clean.
Chili's Grill and Bar at 607 University had nine critical violations.
* Several cold foods were not 41 degrees or below.
* Hamburger patties were not hot enough.
* An employee did not wash their hands after handling raw ground beef and then bread.
* An employee's drink did not have a lid.
* Condensation was dripping into uncovered containers of salad dressing. Containers of black beans were sitting directly on top of shredded cheese.
* Guacamole did not have an expiration date.
* Kitchen cleaners were next to food items.
* Kitchen utensils were dirty or broken.
* According to the inspector, because of the score and the nature of the violations - the manager did not show knowledge of proper food safety.
The report shows that most of the violations were corrected during the inspection.
Management tells us, everything has been corrected.
Eight stops find themselves at the top of the list this week:
* Aloha BBQ at 9810 Indiana
* Burger King at 5401 N. MLK
* Capital Pizza at 2705 26th
* Caprock Café at 5217 82nd
* Firehouse Subs at 411 University
* Jimmy Johns at 4730 Slide Rd.
* Pizza Hut 4501 N. MLK
* Taco Bell at 402 Ave. Q
Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved