The Community Health Center of Lubbock at 1318 Broadway was evacuated due to a gas leak on Thursday. Hazmat responded, along with Lubbock Police, Fire Department and EMS.
Around 50 people were evacuated.
Fire Marshall Robert Loveless said two people were transported to the hospital around 9 a.m. Thursday morning with headache symptoms, but the Fire Department was not called to investigate at that time.
Thursday afternoon, more people had the same symptoms, so Hazmat was called. Two more people were transported to hospital Thursday afternoon.
Atmos performed pressure tests on all the gas lines leading to the building and found a small leak. Atmos turned off gas service to the building and notified building maintenance. Service will be restored once the repair has been made.