Smoker accidentally catches carport on fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Smoker accidentally catches carport on fire

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

Monday evening, a smoker accidentally caught a carport on fire.

Just after 6:00 p.m., a cigarette lit the carport and quickly turned into a blaze the size of the home on the corner of 68th St. and Ave. S.

Firefighters say the blaze caused extensive damage to a truck in the driveway, as well as the carport. The house was not burnt but had smoke damage.

Police have reported that no one was injured in the incident.

Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved.

 

 

  • Local News on KCBD.comNewsMore>>

  • LP&L, Xcel Energy sign 2 year power contract

    LP&L, Xcel Energy sign 2 year power contract

    Friday, March 24 2017 6:27 AM EDT2017-03-24 10:27:36 GMT

    Contract will supply the City of Lubbock with 400 megawatts of capacity, effectively covering all power supply needs through 2021.

    Contract will supply the City of Lubbock with 400 megawatts of capacity, effectively covering all power supply needs through 2021.

  • British police reveal more details of Parliament attacker

    British police reveal more details of Parliament attacker

    Friday, March 24 2017 5:58 AM EDT2017-03-24 09:58:31 GMT
    Friday, March 24 2017 5:58 AM EDT2017-03-24 09:58:31 GMT

    London's top anti-terror officer says two more "significant arrests" have been made in connection with the Westminster attack, in central and northern England.

    London's top anti-terror officer says two more "significant arrests" have been made in connection with the Westminster attack, in central and northern England.

  • House sets risky health care vote after Trump demands it

    House sets risky health care vote after Trump demands it

    Friday, March 24 2017 5:57 AM EDT2017-03-24 09:57:35 GMT
    Friday, March 24 2017 5:58 AM EDT2017-03-24 09:58:20 GMT

    Republicans have set course for a climactic House vote on their health care overhaul.

    Republicans have set course for a climactic House vote on their health care overhaul.

Powered by Frankly