Out of dozens of Lubbock restaurants inspected this week, there are only five on the list.
Golden Corral at 5117 SW Loop 289 ends up at the bottom of the list this week.
The health inspector found 8 critical violations:
* Raw eggs and raw beef were above the safe cold temperature of 41 degrees.
* Potatoes were not at least 135 degrees.
* Employees were not washing their hands for at least the mandatory 20 seconds. And weren't washing their hands before putting on gloves.
* A scrub pad and tea were in a hand sink. Hand sinks are for hand washing only.
* Food thermometers were not being sanitized in between uses.
* Food was being left on the salad bar longer than allowed.
* Toxic items were near utensils and dishes.
* Several kitchen utensils were dirty.
Management tells us everything has been corrected. The report shows that as well.
Now to the top of the list:
Two all-night drive-throughs serve up a perfect score - Jack in the Box at 2414 Mac Davis and Josie's at 3312 Ave. Q.
Luck and a lot of hard work landed our next stop at the top - Lucky Chen at 1803 7th had a flawless inspection.
We add a little spice to this week's list. Sazon Fajitas & Salsa at 1205 University once again sizzles with perfection.
Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved