Out of two dozen Lubbock restaurants inspected this week there are four on the Food for Thought list. Two top performers and two repeat low performing buffets.
We start at the top.
Domino's Pizza at 2113 50th delivers a perfect score.
Bahama Bucks at 2515 82nd is also a repeat top performer.
Now to this week's two repeat low performers.
Lin's Buffet at 5608 Slide had six critical violations.
* Raw beef, chicken and other items were above the safe cold temperature of 41 degrees.
* Several hot foods were not at least 135 degrees.
* There was a rag and scrubber in a hand sink. An employee's drink did not have a lid.
* Raw steak was above pizza in a cooler.
* There were no records of time and temperature at the sushi bar.
* Dishes were not being properly washed, rinsed, sanitized and air dried.
The report shows all violations were corrected. Management tells us everything has been taken care of.
And finally we head to China Star at 1919 50th.
Health inspectors cited the buffet with 13 critical violations.
* Cooked chicken was cooling in closed containers. This doesn't allow the chicken to cool properly and can allow bacteria to grow.
* Raw beef and raw chicken were above 41 degrees.
* Cooked chicken was thrown out because it was not at least 135 degrees.
* An employee rinsed their hands in water that was going into a wok and then returned to work.
* Employees' drinks did not have lids.
* A container of spices was not labeled.
* Several cans were sharply dented. This can lead to botulism.
* A metal pan was directly on top of cooked noodles. Raw ribs were above tartar sauce. A paper bag containing food was inside the ice machine.
* Cooked chicken did not have an expiration date.
* Stainless steel cleaner was stored inside the cooler. Sanitizer was at a toxic level.
* There was no sanitizer being used for dishes.
* Several kitchen items were dirty or broken.
* The report states, that due to the number and the nature of the violations - management did not show proper food safety knowledge.
Management was not available for comment. The report shows all violations were corrected during the inspection.
Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved