Out of dozens of local restaurants inspected this week there is only one stop on the menu, and it has been in the same spot before.
Hong Kong Supper Buffet once again lands at the bottom of the list; this time with a dozen critical violations.
Lubbock health inspectors cited Hong Kong at 4845 50th with 12 critical violations.
* Eggs above the safe cold temperature of 41 degrees were thrown out.
* Cooked chicken was not at least 135 degrees.
* An employee's drink did not have a lid on it.
* Food items were not properly labeled.
* Ribs and fish did not have an expiration date.
* Employees were not wearing gloves while handling fruit.
* An employee rubbed their face and then placed their hands on the interior of a food container.
* There was no soap at a hand sink.
* Chlorine sanitizer was at toxic levels.
* Several kitchen utensils were dirty or broken.
* The buffet line was missing proper signage.
* The report shows, due to the number and the nature of violations management did not show knowledge or control.
The report shows all violations were corrected during the inspection.
Management tells us they feel like each inspector has new or different rules each time they come in.
They tells us everything was quickly corrected.
Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved