All in all it was a pretty good week for local restaurants. We have a pretty thick stack of top performers who are serving up delicious meals, with a side of cleanliness and perfection. However, there were two restaurants that didn't quite make the grade.
The Lone Star Oyster Bar at 10007 Slide Rd. served up six critical violations during their inspection.
- Food wasn't being kept cold enough inside the walk-in cooler.
- An employee's drink was stored on a prep counter.
- Frozen shrimp on skewers were not in original containers.
- An opened package of deli ham was missing a date mark and several foods were kept
past their date mark.
- There were stickers and residue on multiple containers throughout the restaurant.
- There was no certified food manager at the restaurant.
Inspectors say all the violations were corrected.
In north Lubbock, a popular sandwich chain is on the bottom of the list this week.
Jimmy Johns at 5510 4th St. had 7 critical violations.
- Tomatoes weren't being kept cold enough inside the reach in cooler.
- An employee didn't wash their hands between glove changes.
- An employee was also seen sitting on a prep surface where sandwiches were being made.
- A spray bottle of sanitizer was stored too close to a bread rack.
- Two spray bottles containing liquid had no label.
- An ice machine deflector plate was dirty and knives were exposed to dirty surfaces.
- A slicer was also dirty.
Violations were corrected at the time of the inspection.
Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved