Child shocked by transformer box outside South Lubbock home - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Child shocked by transformer box outside South Lubbock home

Posted: Updated:
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

A child was seriously injured Thursday night after she received an electrical shock while playing outside her home in South Lubbock.

It happened just before 7 p.m. at the Falcon Cove Apartments at 66th and Avenue T.

Police say a little girl around 5 years old was playing outside when she opened an electrical transformer box.

Police say she touched something inside the box, and received a shock.

She was rushed to UMC, where she is currently in stable condition.

Although investigators do not believe it was weather related, they want to remind parents to keep their children away from power lines and anything electrical.

LP&L says after storms as powerful as last night's, being near anything outdoors that requires electricity can be very dangerous.

Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.