Update: The City has informed us they are no longer offering spay/neuter assistance as all 200 certificates have been handed out.
Provided by City of Lubbock
City of Lubbock Animal Services is offering a promotional program to encourage city residents to spay/neuter their pets.
The promotional program will waive the income requirements of the current low-cost spay/neuter assistance program allowing City of Lubbock residents to obtain assistance certificates to spay/neuter their pets. The 200 certificates (100 for dogs and 100 for cats) will be issued on a first-come first-serve basis beginning at 8 a.m. on Monday, June 17, 2013 at the Animal Shelter Adoption Center located at 3323 S.E. Loop 289. Residents must meet the following criteria:
• Proof of residency will be met by presenting a current LP&L bill (less than three months old);
• Driver's License or government issued ID must be presented;
• 18 years or older;
• Only one certificate per household will be issued;
• Not have applied for Assistance Program within the last year;
• Certificates will be valid for 60 days from the issue date and will not be issued for prior services rendered and
• Stray, feral, rescue or foster animals do not qualify. Domesticated companion pets only, during this event.
Certificates will continue to be issued beginning at 9 a.m. every day thereafter until all 200 certificates have been issued. It is important to note that certificates will not be issued by phone; residents must be present to obtain a certificate. In addition, the services will be provided by participating veterinarians and it is the responsibility of the certificate holder to ensure the services are provided by participating veterinarians. It is important to remember that this is an assistance program; therefore, there may be additional costs to the pet owner. Some veterinarians may recommend or require additional services. Any additional services will be the sole responsibility of the pet owner and will not be paid or reimbursed by the City of Lubbock Animal Services Department.
Please do not bring your pet with you to obtain a certificate.