Three Lubbock restaurants landed on the list this week, but they would probably prefer not to be there; that's because they're all low performers.
We begin at Rib Crib at 8211 Slide Road. Health inspectors cited them with eight critical violations.
* Ribs in the walk-in cooler were above the safe cold hold of 41 degrees.
* Cooked ribs and mac and cheese were not at least 135 degrees.
* Drinks in the kitchen did not have lids.
* Several cans were sharply dented.
* Raw eggs were above ready to eat food.
* Ribs did not have an expiration date and other ready to eat foods had conflicting date marks.
* Several kitchen utensils were broken or dirty.
* The inspector notes, due to the nature and the number of violations management did not show food safety knowledge.
The report shows all violations were corrected during the inspection.
Next we head to Jack in the Box at 5110 98th. They had seven critical violations.
* There was an open drink in the kitchen.
* Raw eggs were stored above ready to eat chicken.
* Several ready to eat food did not have a date mark or were held past their date mark.
* There was no thermometer in a cooler.
* A can was sharply dented.
* The microwave was dirty and food containers were broken.
* There was no certified food manager.
Except for the last violation, the report shows all violations were corrected during the inspection.
And finally Emma's at 1106 Ave. J had six critical violations.
* Several cold items were above 41 degrees.
* An employee was drinking from an uncovered drink in the kitchen. The owner tells us it was an employee's grandchild who was walking through the kitchen, not an employee.
* Eggs were above ready to eat foods in the cooler.
* Brisket burritos did not have a date mark. Emma tells us, those were not for customers, but they had been made for a family event.
* The microwave was dirty. Emma says, There were two chips in the microwave."
* And finally there was no certified food manager at the restaurant at the time of the inspection.
Emma tells us everything was corrected while the inspector was there. The report shows that as well.
The full report is available here.
Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved