RV engulfed in flames 30 minutes after purchase - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

RV engulfed in flames 30 minutes after purchase

Posted: Updated:

An RV caught fire and burned down to the frame Monday, just 30 minutes after it was purchased.

The dealer, Travis Rowan, got a call from the man who bought the vehicle, Michael Scarpa, saying that the vehicle had stalled out on Highway 87 and Woodrow and was on fire.

Within 10 minutes, the RV was fully engulfed in flames.

Sgt. Bryan Witt with Texas Department of Public Safety says the cause of the fire was mechanical. Witt said the fire started in the engine compartment due to overheating.

Witt said two citations were issued.  One to Rowan for failure to transfer registration after he purchased it from someone else.  The second one to Scarpa for no insurance.

The Texas Department of Public Safety will have to replace the light fixture at the intersection and repair part of the road due to the fire.

Rowan says he has already given Scarpa his money back. There were no injuries.

Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.