OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is
sponsored by KCBD-TV 5600 Avenue A, Lubbock Texas 79404 and Anderson Bros
Jewelers 8201 Quaker Ave Lubbock Texas 79424. The promotion begins September 16th,
2013 and ends September 20th, 2013. Finders Keepers is a promotion in which the
contestant who finds the prize first wins. Promotion is void where prohibited.
By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station’s viewing area: Parmer, Castro, Swisher, Briscoe, Hall, Bailey, Lamb, Hale, Floyd, Motley, Cottle, Cochran, Hockley, Lubbock, Crosby, Dickens, King, Yoakum, Terry, Lynn, Garza, Kent, Gaines, Dawson, Borden, and Scurry, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KCBD-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Each day for 5 days starting on 9/16/13, KCBD and Anderson Bros staff will hide a Finders Keepers bag containing a certificate for a piece of jewelry in a public place in the city of Lubbock and the surrounding area. The promotion will begin at 12 p.m. each day. Viewers can begin looking for the jewelry at 12 p.m. In order to aid in the searching, KCBD NewsChannel 11 will be releasing 5 clues relating to the exact location of the jewelry each day. To sign up to receive the clues, viewers can go online to KCBD.com and click on ‘Finders Keepers’ in the contest section. They will then be instructed to enter their information to receive clues. Clues will be emailed directly to the contestants 5 times a day starting at 12 p.m. CST and ending at 4 p.m. CST. They will also posted online at KCBD.com In the event the jewelry is found before all of the clues are released, a notification email will be sent to all contestants as well as posted online. In order to be eligible to win, the individual who finds the piece of jewelry must be present to receive the prize at 5:30 p.m. CST at the broadcast location for that day. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. The winner from each day and the winner’s immediate family will be disqualified from winning again during the Finders Keepers contest. Former Finders Keepers winners and immediate family members are not eligible.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and
will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged,
irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No
mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries
are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible,
misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical,
and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation,
malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or
Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or
malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail
address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An
“authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such
e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or
other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain
associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to
provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail
address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that KCBD-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that KCBD-TV may release entrant’s personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. KCBD-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). There will be five different prizes from Anderson Bros Jewelers, one for each day of the promotion. A different prize will be awarded each day. The prizes are pieces of jewelry that range in value from $850 - $3,625. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5.How the Prizes are Awarded. The individual who is the first contestant to find and pick up the Finders Keepers bag will receive the piece of jewelry for that day. In order to be eligible to win, the individual who finds the piece of jewelry must be present to receive the prize at 5:30 p.m. CST at the broadcast location for that day. If the individual cannot be present to receive their prize, the jewelry will be re-hidden and the next eligible contestant to find the jewelry will win.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible contestants.
7.Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver’s license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the time the prize is found, or the prize will be forfeited to the next eligible contestant. The winner must take possession of the prize at 5:30 p.m. CST at the community coverage tour broadcast location for that day.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KCBD-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from KCBD-TV if KCBD-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KCBD-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KCBD-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KCBD-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KCBD-TV 5600 Avenue A, Lubbock Texas 79404.