Health inspectors checked out the cleanliness of dozens of .Lubbock restaurants this week, but only a half dozen of those made the list.
We begin where many people begin their day.
It's shmear perfection for Einstein Bros. Bagels at 5217 82nd.
They toasted up a perfect score.
Next we head to Five Guys Burgers and Fries at 4410 19th.
These guys know what they're doing when it comes to good food and keeping clean; they're a repeat top performer.
Our next stop is a long-time Lubbock hot spot.
Gardski's at 2009 Broadway combines the feeling of home with a repeat perfect score.
Next we head to Pei Wei Asian Diner at 4210 82nd.
They also sizzled this week with repeat perfection.
And we wrap up the top of the list at Taco Villa.
It's a repeat flawless inspection for the location at 1911 50th.
Now to this week's only low performer.
Casa Ole at 4413 S. Loop 289 was cited for eight critical violations.
* Several cold foods in the walk in cooler, including cooked chicken and ground beef, were above the safe temperature of 41 degrees.
* An employee's drink did not have a lid, and an employee's lunch was on the food prep table.
* An employee was not wearing gloves when handling sliced lemons.
* Raw eggs were stored above ready to eat food items.
* Multiple ready to eat items like shrimp, pico and salsa did not have an expiration date. Other items were held beyond the allowed 7-day period.
* There were no paper towels at a hand sink.
* The microwave was dirty and in-use utensils were stored in sanitizing solution.
* And finally, the inspector notes - due to the number and the nature of the violations the manager showed a lack of food safety knowledge.
Management tells us all violations were corrected during the inspection. The report shows that as well.
Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved