3 Taco Villa robbery suspects behind bars Friday - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

3 Taco Villa robbery suspects behind bars Friday

Diondre Bell, 20 (Source: Lubbock County Detention Center) Diondre Bell, 20 (Source: Lubbock County Detention Center)
Dodson Smith, 20 (Source: Lubbock County Detention Center) Dodson Smith, 20 (Source: Lubbock County Detention Center)
Brittany Higgins, 17 (Source: Lubbock County Detention Center) Brittany Higgins, 17 (Source: Lubbock County Detention Center)
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

Three people are behind bars Friday night after police say an employee of Taco Villa helped his friends rob the store at gunpoint last month.

17-year-old Brittany Higgins, 20-year-old Dodson Smith, and 20-year-old Diondre Bell have all been arrested and charged with aggravated robbery.

Bell is a Taco Villa employee and was there at the time.

Police say three employees were in the process of closing the Taco Villa near 50th and Quaker just after 11 p.m. Bell was one of those employees.

Another employee propped the back door open so they could throw trash away.

That's when two suspects entered the restaurant.

The suspects took an undisclosed amount of money from the register and fled on foot.

Police say they linked the suspects to Bell by his Facebook page.

Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved.

  • Local News on KCBD.comNewsMore>>

  • Next Minneapolis police chief tasked with changing culture

    Next Minneapolis police chief tasked with changing culture

    Saturday, July 22 2017 1:49 AM EDT2017-07-22 05:49:17 GMT
    Saturday, July 22 2017 9:00 PM EDT2017-07-23 01:00:51 GMT

    Minneapolis police chief says she wants to let 'fresh set of leadership eyes' be in charge of department, resigns amid criticism over shooting of Australian woman who had called 911.

    Minneapolis police chief says she wants to let 'fresh set of leadership eyes' be in charge of department, resigns amid criticism over shooting of Australian woman who had called 911.

  • Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets

    Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets

    Saturday, July 22 2017 4:20 PM EDT2017-07-22 20:20:31 GMT
    Saturday, July 22 2017 8:52 PM EDT2017-07-23 00:52:25 GMT

    One of Anthony Scaramucci's first acts after accepting President Donald Trump's offer to be the new White House communications director was to apologize to Trump.

    One of Anthony Scaramucci's first acts after accepting President Donald Trump's offer to be the new White House communications director was to apologize to Trump.

  • Trump: USS Ford is '100,000-ton message to the world'

    Trump: USS Ford is '100,000-ton message to the world'

    Saturday, July 22 2017 3:30 AM EDT2017-07-22 07:30:57 GMT
    Saturday, July 22 2017 8:52 PM EDT2017-07-23 00:52:10 GMT

    President Donald Trump will help commission the USS Gerald R. Ford, a $12.9 billion warship.

    President Donald Trump will help commission the USS Gerald R. Ford, a $12.9 billion warship.

Powered by Frankly