Food for Thought: 8.15 - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock
WEB SEARCH BY
Pay It Forward
Main Contact List
KCBD Live Stream
Download KCBD Apps
Food For Thought
Download the KCBD News App
Personal Forecast Emails
KCBD's First Alert Weather Resources
Road Condition Phone Numbers & Information
Latest Rain Totals for the South Plains
Download the KCBD Weather App
The Zika Virus: A Healthwise Special with Karin McCay
I Beat Pete
Pee Wee TV
Download the KCBD Sports App
Rain Gauge Giveaway
Mortgage Free For A Year
Best of the West 2017
Otto's Granary Daybreak Coffee Mug Giveaway
What's on TV
TV - Program Schedule
Closed Captioning on KCBD NewsChannel 11
Wheel of Fortune
Submit A Tip
Fatal dose: Fentanyl sweeping the South Plains
Download KCBD Apps
Food for Thought: 8.15
It is time to check in on the cleanliness of Lubbock restaurants. Out of dozens of places inspected this week there are four stops on this week's Food for Thought list.
Arby's at 2422 19th continues to serve up freshness.
They wrapped up their inspection with zero critical violations.
Dion's at 2721 82nd sliced though the surprise visit with ease.
They're a repeat top performer.
Now to the bottom of the list.
Wienerschnitzel at 301 University had six critical violations.
* Several items in a cooler were not 41 degrees or below.
* The thermometer in that cooler was broken.
* Employees' uncovered drinks were next to utensils.
* There was no hand sanitizer available for employees. This is mandatory for bare-hand contact, in addition to hand washing.
* Flies were in the kitchen and dining area.
* The soda nozzles were dirty. And an ice scoop was broken.
Management tells us everything has been corrected.
Lin's Buffet at 5608 Slide Rd.
* Several cold foods were above the safe temperature of 41 degrees.
* Hot items were not at least 135 degrees.
* Employees were using the hand sink for other purposes. Those sinks are designated of hand washing only to prevent cross contamination.
* There was no soap in the employee's restroom.
* Personal drinks were stored in the ice bin. Cooked noodles were next to raw chicken.
* A bottle of sanitizer was not labeled.
* The dishwasher was not sanitizing.
* There was no thermometer in a reach-in cooler.
* The ice scoop was on top of a dirty ice bin.
Management says everything has been corrected - the report shows most were corrected during the inspection.
. All rights reserved
Can't Find Something?
5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404
FCC Public File
Texas News Now
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our
Terms of Service