Food For Thought: 10.3 - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock
WEB SEARCH BY
Pay It Forward
Main Contact List
KCBD Live Stream
Download KCBD Apps
Food For Thought
Download the KCBD News App
Personal Forecast Emails
KCBD's First Alert Weather Resources
Road Condition Phone Numbers & Information
Latest Rain Totals for the South Plains
Download the KCBD Weather App
The Zika Virus: A Healthwise Special with Karin McCay
I Beat Pete
Pee Wee TV
Download the KCBD Sports App
Rain Gauge Giveaway
Mortgage Free For A Year
Best of the West 2017
Otto's Granary Daybreak Coffee Mug Giveaway
What's on TV
TV - Program Schedule
Closed Captioning on KCBD NewsChannel 11
Wheel of Fortune
Submit A Tip
Fatal dose: Fentanyl sweeping the South Plains
Download KCBD Apps
Food For Thought: 10.3
We start at the bottom of the list.
Hong Kong at 4845 50th was cited with 11 critical violations.
* Raw chicken, raw beef and other food items were above the safe cold hold of 41 degrees.
* Salmon and fried shrimp were not at least 135 degrees.
* The inspector notes that meat in the walk-in-cooler, specifically intestines, was rancid.
* Numerous food items did not have a proper date-marking.
* An employee handled ready to eat green beans with their bare hands.
* An uncovered drink was not in a designated spot.
* Raw chicken was stored above read to eat foods.
* An unlabeled chemical spray was in the food prep area.
* The dish washer was not sanitizing.
* Multiple kitchen utensils were dirty or broken.
* The inspector added, due to the number and nature of the violations management did not show proper food safety knowledge.
Management was unavailable for comment, but we were told that all violations have been corrected.
The report shows most of the violations were corrected while the inspectors was there.
Now we check out this week's good news.
Three restaurants find themselves at the top of the list - each one a repeat top performer:
* Back Door Diner 1212 Ave. K
* Chick-fil-A at 6002 Slide
* Christakis Burgers at 1111 34th.
. All rights reserved
Can't Find Something?
5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404
FCC Public File
Texas News Now
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our
Terms of Service