A family is safe after escaping a house fire early Tuesday morning in east Lubbock County.
A neighbor called 911 around 12:30 a.m. to report that a house was on fire in the 6600 block of East County Road 6160.
Volunteer firefighters from Idalou, Abernathy, and New Deal helped put out the fire.
Authorities say that the damage was caused by a grease fire that started in the kitchen.
The Red Cross will be assisting a mother, her 20-year-old son, and one child that have been displaced by the fire.
Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved.