Firefighters contain blaze at The Park Apartments - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Firefighters contain blaze at The Park Apartments

Posted: Updated:
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

Firefighters responded to a blaze at The Park Apartments at 5702 50th Street on Tuesday night.

Deputy Fire Marshal Robert Loveless says the fire was accidental. It started in the patio area outside a bottom apartment of the two-story complex, likely caused by a discarded cigarette igniting a couch.

The fire started to spread to the inside of that apartment and to the outside of the upper level apartments, but firefighters were able to quickly suppress the fire before it did much damage inside any apartments.

Three units were affected though, and the Red Cross is assisting three families.

A puppy and a cat were taken from the apartment by firefighters and are both okay.

Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.