Food for Thought: 12.12 - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock
WEB SEARCH BY
Pay It Forward
Main Contact List
KCBD Live Stream
Download KCBD Apps
Food For Thought
Download the KCBD News App
Personal Forecast Emails
KCBD's First Alert Weather Resources
Road Condition Phone Numbers & Information
Latest Rain Totals for the South Plains
Download the KCBD Weather App
The Zika Virus: A Healthwise Special with Karin McCay
I Beat Pete
Pee Wee TV
Download the KCBD Sports App
Rain Gauge Giveaway
Mortgage Free For A Year
Best of the West 2017
Otto's Granary Daybreak Coffee Mug Giveaway
What's on TV
TV - Program Schedule
Closed Captioning on KCBD NewsChannel 11
Wheel of Fortune
Submit A Tip
Fatal dose: Fentanyl sweeping the South Plains
Download KCBD Apps
Food for Thought: 12.12
We're serving up a mixed buffet of top and low performers in this week's Food for Thought.
KCBD NewsChannel 11's Christy Hartin dishes up the details.
Arby's at 5052 Frankford was cited with eight critical violations.
* Sliced tomatoes were above the safe cold temperature of 41 degrees.
* Chicken strips were not at least 135 degrees.
* Roast beef did not have an expiration date.
* An employee did not wash their hands before putting on gloves.
* There were no paper towels at a hand sink or in the men's restroom.
* There was no toilet paper in the women's restroom.
* The microwave was dirty.
* The restaurant does not have a certified food manager.
The report shows all but the last violation were corrected during the inspection.
Next we head to Abuelo's 4401 82nd; they had 10 critical violations.
* Chicken had not cooled properly; this can cause bacteria to grow.
* Ready to eat chicken was above the safe cold temperature.
* Raw eggs were stored above dairy products.
* A cloth rag was on the handle at a hand sink.
* Water at a hand sink was not hot enough.
* Toxic items were above pan liners.
* Several ready to eat foods did not have the correct date mark.
* A dirty knife was with clean knives.
* The sanitizing solution was not strong enough in the dish washer.
* The inspector notes, due to the number and the nature of the violations management did not show proper food safety knowledge.
Management tells us everything was immediately corrected.
The report shows that as well.
Hong Kong at 4845 50th had eight critical violations.
* Raw beef and raw shrimp were not at least 41 degrees.
* Multiple items on the buffet were not at least 135 degrees.
* An employee took a drink from a lidded cup, without a straw.
* Three cans were heavily dented; this can lead to botulism.
* Raw shrimp was stored above ready to eat foods. A heavily-soiled scoop was in the cornstarch.
* Several ready to eat items did not have the proper expiration date.
* The dishwasher was not sanitizing properly.
* Due to the number and the nature of the violations, the report shows management did not demonstrate food safety knowledge.
The report shows all violations were corrected at the time of the inspection.
Now to this week's good news; three stops made the top of the list.
Here's a look at our top performers:
Danny's Fins & Hens Catering at 5101 Ave. Q
Five Guys Burgers & Fries at 4410 19th
Taco Bell/Pizza Hut at 5111 82nd.
Can't Find Something?
5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404
FCC Public File
Texas News Now
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our
Terms of Service