Provided by City of Lubbock
City of Lubbock offices will be closed Tuesday, December 24 and Wednesday, December 25, 2013, in observance of the Christmas holiday. Regular business hours will resume on Thursday, December 26.
· Due to the Christmas holiday, there will be no dumpster trash collection on Christmas Eve (Tuesday, December 24) or Christmas Day (Wednesday, December 25). For the Christmas holiday week, the scheduled trash collection for Tuesday will be moved to Thursday. Trash collection will continue on Friday and Saturday, December 27 and 28 so that all areas of the City are serviced. Residents with cart trash collection service will receive cart trash collection on Thursday, December 26.
· Trash collection service will be running on Saturday, December 28. Residents requesting trash pickup on those days are asked to visit the City's website, www.mylubbock.us, and enter a portal request from the On-line Citizen Help Center.
· The City of Lubbock drop-off Recycling and Citizen Collection Stations at 1631 84th Street, 208 Municipal Drive, 7308 Milwaukee Avenue, and 4307 Adrian Street will also be closed on Tuesday, December 24, Wednesday, December 25 and Wednesday, January 1.
· The West Texas Region Disposal Facility and the Caliche Canyon Landfill will observe the following holiday schedule:
Tuesday, Dec. 24 CLOSED (Both Locations)
Wednesday, Dec. 25 CLOSED (Both Locations)
Thursday, Dec. 26 West Texas Region Disposal Facility 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Caliche Canyon Landfill 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 28 West Texas Region Disposal Facility 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Caliche Canyon Landfill CLOSED due to scale upgrade
· The Buddy Holly Center and Silent Wings Museum will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday and open their regular hours Thursday - Sunday.