Fire officials determine cause of Monday night house fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Fire officials determine cause of Monday night house fire

Posted: Updated:
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

Lubbock fire officials have determined the cause of a house fire in Southwest Lubbock on Monday night.

They tracked the cause of the fire to an electric malfunction in the vent hood over the stove in the kitchen. Seeped up through the ceiling and into the attic.

Flames broke out around 9:15 p.m. in the attic of the home at 63rd Drive, near Memphis Avenue.

It took crews 45 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.