Food for Thought: 1.9 - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock
WEB SEARCH BY
Pay It Forward
Main Contact List
KCBD Live Stream
Download KCBD Apps
Food For Thought
Download the KCBD News App
Personal Forecast Emails
KCBD's First Alert Weather Resources
Road Condition Phone Numbers & Information
Latest Rain Totals for the South Plains
Download the KCBD Weather App
The Zika Virus: A Healthwise Special with Karin McCay
I Beat Pete
Pee Wee TV
Download the KCBD Sports App
Rain Gauge Giveaway
Mortgage Free For A Year
Best of the West 2017
Otto's Granary Daybreak Coffee Mug Giveaway
What's on TV
TV - Program Schedule
Closed Captioning on KCBD NewsChannel 11
Wheel of Fortune
Submit A Tip
Fatal dose: Fentanyl sweeping the South Plains
Download KCBD Apps
Food for Thought: 1.9
With the new year in full swing, health inspectors are busy making sure your favorite restaurants are keeping clean.
We begin with a newcomer to the top of the list.
Fuzzy's Taco Shop at 2102 Broadway had a rough inspection a few months ago. They had just undergone a management change and told KCBD, "Our next inspection will be perfect." It was!
Next we head to the United Market Street on 19th and Quaker. The sushi station inside wrapped up a perfect score.
Right across the street, we find a healthy dose of perfection. Keva Juice at 4410 19th blended up a flawless inspection.
For a repeat performance at the top, we make a stop at Taco Villa at 8212 Indiana Ave.
And finally, we wrap up the top of the list with a sweet treat; Mali Snow and Italian Ice at 1708 50th served up a perfect score.
Now to this week's low performers.
Furr's Cafeteria at 6001 Slide Road had five critical violations.
* Several cold items were above the safe cold temperature of 41 degrees.
* Soup was not at least 135 degrees.
* Employees did not wash their hands before putting on gloves.
* An employee was eating in the food prep area.
* Numerous ready to eat items did not have an expiration date.
The report shows all violations were corrected during the inspection.
Taqueria Arandas at 4001 34th was cited with seven critical violations.
* Eggs were above 41 degrees.
* An employee did not wash their hands before putting on gloves.
* An employee was not wearing gloves while handling food.
* An employee touched a plate of food with a dirty rag.
* There was no soap at a hand sink.
* A bleach solution was at a toxic level.
* Soda nozzles were dirty, and clean utensils were stored in dirty containers.
According to the report, all violations were corrected while the inspector was there.
Spec's Liquor at 6816 Slide had nine critical violations.
* Ready to eat chicken and chicken salad were above 41 degrees.
* Meatballs, chili and brisket were not at least 135 degrees.
* Uncovered drinks were in the kitchen area.
* Strawberries and lemons were molded. Sharply dented cans were found with good cans.
* Raw pork was stored over ready to eat ham, and raw poultry was stored above whole cuts of beef.
* An open package of deli meat was held past the use-by date.
* A toxic item was not labeled.
* There was no thermometer in a cooler.
* The inspector notes, due to the number and the nature of the violations - management demonstrated a lack of food safety knowledge.
The report show all violations were corrected at the time of the inspection.
. All rights reserved.
Can't Find Something?
5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404
FCC Public File
Texas News Now
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our
Terms of Service