Lubbock fire officials have determined the cause of a fiery explosion that injured two people at a West Lubbock home on Thursday.
They say the explosion was caused by "lacquer fumes coming in contact with an ignition source."
Lubbock Fire Rescue was called to a "fully involved" residential structure fire in the 3400 block of Evanston at 5:09 p.m.
The homeowners' family said a construction crew was painting the interior of the home.
Two painters were taken to the hospital with burn injuries. Family said the homeowners were on the front porch when they heard the explosion, which led to extensive damage to their home.
One has been listed in critical condition while the other is listed in satisfactory condition.
Lubbock Fire Battalion Chief Rob Keinast said the backside of the house is completely blown out and the interior of the home suffered major smoke and fire damage.
Family said the homeowners, who have lived there for reportedly 37 years, have insurance and will be able to stay with family until their home is repaired.
Family said they have located two of the three dogs that were reportedly inside the home when the fire started.
Copyright 2014 kcbd. All rights reserved.