An early morning house fire has displaced two people.
Flames broke out around 3:25 a.m. Tuesday morning inside a home in the 4400 block of 47th Street.
Officials say two men were inside the home at the time of the fire but were able to escape.
Bill Curnow, who is with the Red Cross of the South Plains, says his organization is assisting the men with food, clothing and shelter.
"They sustained some fire damage throughout the house, so they won't be able to go back tonight. So, the Red Cross is in the process of working with them to make sure they have a safe place to stay, clothes to wear, and food to eat," Curnow said.
Investigators say the home received 50% smoke damage and 30% fire damage. The fire damage was mainly in the garage and the attic.
They say the fire is being attributed to an electrical malfunction in the garage.
We will continue to update you as we learn more.
Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.