TTU students struggle with freezing temperatures Thursday - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

TTU students struggle with freezing temperatures Thursday

Despite freezing temperatures, classes continued for Texas Tech students Thursday.

They trekked to classes through whipping wind and snow, hiking across a campus that covers 2.3 miles.

"I can't feel my feet. By the time I get in class they thaw out, but then I leave again," said student Holley Dane.

But fortunately, these students know how to use their resources.

Riding the bus is a daily ritual, but they said it comes especially handy on days like this.

"It saves me a lot of time to walk from commuter west," one student said. "That's by the Spirit Arena, and I go all the way to Holden, so riding the bus saves me a lot of time. Plus, I don't have to wait in the cold while it's snowing and stuff."

"It's freezing so a lot of times I just want to get into the building as fast as I can," Dane said.

Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.

The Latest: Bills trade up to No. 7, get QB Josh Allen

Thursday, April 26 2018 6:31 PM EDT2018-04-26 22:31:36 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 9:13 PM EDT2018-04-27 01:13:49 GMT
    (AP Photo/Tom R. Smedes, File). FILE - In this Oct. 22, 2016, file photo, Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen reacts after scoring a touchdown in the second half of an NCAA college football game against Nevada in Reno, Nev. Allen is expected to be a first r...(AP Photo/Tom R. Smedes, File). FILE - In this Oct. 22, 2016, file photo, Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen reacts after scoring a touchdown in the second half of an NCAA college football game against Nevada in Reno, Nev. Allen is expected to be a first r...
    The NFL has renewed an exclusive partnership with Amazon Prime Video for digital streaming of Thursday night games during 2018 and 2019 seasons.

Trump's Cohen comments raise questions about relationship

Thursday, April 26 2018 9:18 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:18:48 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 9:13 PM EDT2018-04-27 01:13:07 GMT
    President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)

President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him "with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal" and that "from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong."

At hearings, EPA chief seeks to divert blame for ethics woes

Thursday, April 26 2018 12:53 AM EDT2018-04-26 04:53:54 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 9:12 PM EDT2018-04-27 01:12:45 GMT
    (AP Photo/Alex Brandon). Protesters listen to speakers talk about EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt and the state of the EPA during a protest by the American Federation of Government Employees union, Wednesday, April 25, 2018, in Washington.(AP Photo/Alex Brandon). Protesters listen to speakers talk about EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt and the state of the EPA during a protest by the American Federation of Government Employees union, Wednesday, April 25, 2018, in Washington.

Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt faces potentially make-or-break hearings on Capitol Hill, where he is expected to face questions about spending and ethics scandals that have triggered bipartisan calls for his ouster.