TTU students struggle with freezing temperatures Thursday - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

TTU students struggle with freezing temperatures Thursday

Despite freezing temperatures, classes continued for Texas Tech students Thursday.

They trekked to classes through whipping wind and snow, hiking across a campus that covers 2.3 miles.

"I can't feel my feet. By the time I get in class they thaw out, but then I leave again," said student Holley Dane.

But fortunately, these students know how to use their resources.

Riding the bus is a daily ritual, but they said it comes especially handy on days like this.

"It saves me a lot of time to walk from commuter west," one student said. "That's by the Spirit Arena, and I go all the way to Holden, so riding the bus saves me a lot of time. Plus, I don't have to wait in the cold while it's snowing and stuff."

"It's freezing so a lot of times I just want to get into the building as fast as I can," Dane said.

Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Republican says he'll push health deal, Trump keeps distance

Wednesday, October 18 2017 4:01 AM EDT2017-10-18 08:01:13 GMT
    Wednesday, October 18 2017 6:01 PM EDT2017-10-18 22:01:47 GMT

Under the lawmakers' agreement, the payments would continue for two years while states were given more leeway to let insurers sidestep some coverage requirements imposed by President Barack Obama's health care law.

Twitter vows new crackdown on hateful, abusive tweets

Wednesday, October 18 2017 12:31 AM EDT2017-10-18 04:31:02 GMT
    Wednesday, October 18 2017 6:01 PM EDT2017-10-18 22:01:30 GMT

Twitter vowed to crack down further on hate speech and sexual harassment on its platform, days after CEO Jack Dorsey said in a tweet-storm that the company was "still" not doing enough to protect its users.

Manhunt underway for gunman in Maryland office park shooting

Wednesday, October 18 2017 10:51 AM EDT2017-10-18 14:51:04 GMT
    Wednesday, October 18 2017 5:58 PM EDT2017-10-18 21:58:11 GMT

A sheriff's office in northeastern Maryland says it is on the scene of a shooting at an office park.