TTU students struggle with freezing temperatures Thursday - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

TTU students struggle with freezing temperatures Thursday

Despite freezing temperatures, classes continued for Texas Tech students Thursday.

They trekked to classes through whipping wind and snow, hiking across a campus that covers 2.3 miles.

"I can't feel my feet. By the time I get in class they thaw out, but then I leave again," said student Holley Dane.

But fortunately, these students know how to use their resources.

Riding the bus is a daily ritual, but they said it comes especially handy on days like this.

"It saves me a lot of time to walk from commuter west," one student said. "That's by the Spirit Arena, and I go all the way to Holden, so riding the bus saves me a lot of time. Plus, I don't have to wait in the cold while it's snowing and stuff."

"It's freezing so a lot of times I just want to get into the building as fast as I can," Dane said.

Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.

5-year-old boy stabbed to death at UNC, boy's father wounded

Tuesday, August 22 2017 6:10 AM EDT2017-08-22 10:10:11 GMT
    Tuesday, August 22 2017 6:26 AM EDT2017-08-22 10:26:57 GMT

Charges are pending against Ebony Oluwasegva, 34, in connection with a Sunday morning domestic violence incident on the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus that resulted in the death of the boy.

Woman attacked by rabid coyote grateful for survival instinct

Tuesday, August 22 2017 3:49 AM EDT2017-08-22 07:49:33 GMT
    Tuesday, August 22 2017 3:49 AM EDT2017-08-22 07:49:33 GMT

The woman says the coyote attacked her 10 or 15 times, leaving her with many deep injuries.

Man on smartphone drives bike into newly-formed sinkhole

Monday, August 21 2017 5:45 PM EDT2017-08-21 21:45:20 GMT
    Tuesday, August 22 2017 1:41 AM EDT2017-08-22 05:41:31 GMT

Authorities blocked off a street and are investigating the cause of a sinkhole collapse that led to a man driving into the hole.