Lamesa family displaced by mobile home fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Lamesa family displaced by mobile home fire

Posted: Updated:
LAMESA, TX (KCBD) -

Three people are homeless after a weekend fire in Lamesa. Flames broke out around 7:20 a.m. Saturday in a mobile home on North 8th near Avenue O.

The family living there escaped without injury, but the fire chief tells us they did lose a pet.

He says the family's heater had gone out and they were using their stove for heat. It caught a container of grease on fire.

The chief says the home is a total loss.

The Red Cross is now assisting the family.

Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.