Lubbock Fire Rescue puts out Tuesday afternoon chimney fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Lubbock Fire Rescue puts out Tuesday afternoon chimney fire

Posted: Updated:
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

Five units from Lubbock Fire Rescue responded to a chimney fire in the 5100 block of First Place around 12:15 p.m. Tuesday.

The fire was brought under control in about an hour, but two women were displaced.

Fire damage extended to the roof and attic but no injuries were reported.

Fire officials say the blaze was caused by a birds nest in the chimney.

Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.