LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - This week we had two local businesses, each with six critical violations. Christy Hartin dishes out what the inspectors found in this week's edition of Food for Thought.
We begin at the top of the list; here's a look at this week's top performers:
- Burrito Tower II at 4701 I-27
- Josie's at 3312 Ave. Q
- Blue Sky Texas at 4416 98th
- Pizza Hut/Taco Bell at 2001 50th St
Now to the bottom of the list.
Jack in the Box at 2414 Mac Davis was sited with six critical violations.
- A spatula was stored in a container filled with grease.
- Sliced tomatoes did not have a date mark.
- There were no paper towels in the restrooms.
- A sanitizer solution was at toxic levels.
- Dishes were not being rinsed after washed.
- Soda nozzles were dirty.
Management says everything has been corrected.
The report shows that as well.
Cheddar's Casual café at 4009 S. Loop 289 also had six critical violations.
- Pork ribs and steak were not cooked to the correct temperature.
- An employee washed a knife in the hand sink. Those sinks are for hand washing only to prevent cross contamination.
- An employee handled ready-to-eat chicken with their bare hands. That was a repeat violation, and the restaurant was issued a $90 fee.
- Baked potatoes and rice did not have a date mark.
- The dish wash machine was not sanitizing properly.
- Stickers and sticker residue were on dishware.
Management says everything was quickly corrected.